Monday, October 24, 2022
WOODLAND HILLS COUNTRY CLUB
Join us as we honor the fallen and recognize the sacrifice firefighters make for us every day.
You are invited to remember those who have died in service by:
- Making a one-time or recurring donation
- Asking a business or employer to donate by:
- Giving 10, 15 or 20% percent of sales to our charity on a specific date or for a whole month!
- Giving 100% of sales of a specialty ‘Firefighter Appreciation’ item
- Matching employee donations dollar for dollar
- Purchasing items from our fundraising partners, Muertos Coffee and Firehouse Cookie Co., AmazonSmile, Ralphs
- Setting up a fundraiser on our official GoFundMe page
- Sharing why you appreciate firefighters on social media using #GiveToAHero and asking people to donate to the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund
to Greg Madrigal!
Greg won field-level tickets to the Dodgers, thanks to the kindness and generosity of The Law Offices of Hart, Mieras & Morris, Inc. Learn more about this wonderful donor.
You shop and Ralph’s donates.
If you’ve already signed up for the community contributions program you MUST re-enroll every September.
Thank you for making us your charity of choice!
About the Charity
Founded more than a century ago, the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to helping the families of firefighters injured or killed in the line of duty or facing other crisis.
Firefighters dedicate their lives to helping others. They rush into burning buildings, dangle from helicopters, jump into raging waters, climb into trenches, and race to the frontlines of disaster, all to protect the rest of us.
But when the unthinkable happens, where do firefighters turn for help? The Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund. Helping our valiant firefighters in times of trouble is simply not possible without your kind and generous donations.
Your contributions help provide:
- Basic living expenses
- Health insurance
- Durable medical equipment
- Memorial scholarships for the children of deceased firefighters
- Other needed financial assistance
Tax ID# 95-6205446
Be a Hero to a Hero
Dedicated to serving firefighters and first responders and a proud supporter of our Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund.
Read more about the many ways they help our men and women in uniform.
Turn your car into a cash donation for our heroes!
Donating your car, truck, motorcycle, RV, or boat is a great way to support the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund. You even may qualify for a tax deduction while supporting a cause that is near and dear to your heart.
Congratulations to our fire family’s newest members! The Los Angeles City Fire Department welcomes 48 new probationary firefighters to the ranks. Watch as these hard-working men and women receive their coveted badges during a special ceremony on June 30, 2022. The...
The LAFD Fire Hogs Motorcycle Club hits the road for its annual Fallen Heroes Memorial Ride. Watch as these firefighters, family and friends share their passion for Harleys and compassion for those in need. The LAFD Fire Hogs M/C has been dedicated to raising money...
Susan VandePol’s life changed forever after her husband, LAFD firefighter Robert Ortega, passed away. Navigating through the devastating loss, alongside her children, Susan felt a special calling to pursue a new purpose. Lifted up by her faith and the strength of her...