Development & Marketing Director
- Marlene joined the organization in 2007 and develops strategy, goals and oversees all fundraising efforts, including major gifts, event sponsorships, matching gifts, individual and online giving.
- She established and manages the planned giving program; identifies, cultivates and maintains long-term funding relationships with present and future donors, foundations and corporate sponsors.
- Marlene is responsible for all marketing and publicity, creating and administering two web sites, social media, e-newsletters, printed marketing materials, digital content, media coverage, acknowledgement and promotional items.
- She is an Emmy Award winning writer and multi-media producer and also taught at UCLA and Moorpark College.
Graphic Arts Project Coordinator
- Juan-Carlos has been with the organization more than 15 years and oversees the art direction and technical aspects of all marketing and communication campaigns and special events.
- He has more than 20 years of graphic design and non-profit experience.
- He is responsible for the overall design and content layout of the charity’s web site, electronic newsletters, social media, printed marketing materials and on-site event signage, as well as acknowledgement and promotional items.
- Juan-Carlos also works on key elements of the annual flagship fundraisers, assists with digital content, presentations, events and lends support to community-sponsored fundraisers.
- Juliet began working for the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund in June of 2008.
- She has more than two-decades of experience in the event planning industry.
- Juliet works on the charity’s two annual flagship fundraisers, the LAFD Invitational golf tournament and Hope for Firefighters, as well as with community-sponsored events. Juliet also handles the Volunteer Boot Brigade.
- Before coming to the charity she executed events at Braemar Country Club. She is a graduate of UCLA.