Estate and Business Succession Planning
Estate Planning Attorney Esther Hopkins not only helps our charity in its mission to protect firefighters and their families as a kind and generous sponsor of our 2021 LA Fire Hero Squad, she also helps people protect themselves and their families through the work she does day in and day out.
Protecting the People You Love and the Assets You Own Through Thoughtful Planning
The Law Offices of Esther Hopkins, P.C., focuses on estate planning, business planning and closely related areas. In essence, they help clients find answers to tough questions, such as:
- How can I ensure that my loved ones are protected and provided for in the event of my disability or death?
- How can I protect my assets, and the assets that I leave to my heirs, against creditors, predators and other potential threats?
- How can I prevent family disputes upon my disability, incapacity and death?
- How can I make sure that people of my choosing will have the authority to make financial and medical decisions for me if I become incapacitated?
- What will happen to my business if something happens to me?
- How can I minimize estate and other taxes and leave more to my loved ones?
Explanations are discussed in easy-to-understand terms, not confusing “Legalese.” Estate plans are designed and customized to help clients achieve their goals, and ultimately, enjoy the peace of mind that comes from having a plan in place for the future.
Esther spent the first 13 years of her career as a business litigation and transaction attorney. During this time, she saw how lawsuits between family members often tore families apart. She realized that many lawsuits could have been prevented with proper planning, and decided to focus on estate planning and closely related areas. Esther’s experience as a litigator gives her a unique perspective on planning and how to avoid the types of mistakes that can lead to potential problems.
Family has always been the most important part of Esther’s life, and she takes a great deal of personal and professional satisfaction from helping families protect the people they love, the assets they have worked so hard to achieve.
Esther received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of California at Los Angeles in 1990. She earned her Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, in 1993. She became a member of the State Bar of California in 1993. Esther is fluent in Spanish.
Visit hopkinslawgroup.com to learn more and schedule a consultation.