Development & Marketing Director
- Marlene joined the organization in 2007 and oversees all fundraising efforts and programs as well as the charity’s marketing and communications.
- Prior to working for the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund, she served as a Board Associate for Big Brothers Big Sisters and launched a successful fundraising project for the Best Friends Animal Society.
- Marlene is an Emmy Award winning writer and multi-media producer with more than 20-years experience in communications. She also taught at UCLA and Moorpark College.
- Juliet began working for the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund in June of 2008.
- She has more than two-decades of experience in the event planning industry.
- Juliet works on the charity’s two annual flagship fundraisers, the LAFD Invitational golf tournament and Hope for Firefighters, as well as with community-sponsored events. Juliet also handles the Volunteer Boot Brigade.
- Before coming to the charity she executed events at Braemar Country Club. She is a graduate of UCLA.
Auction & Internet Marketing Specialist
- Jody came to the organization in 2010 and is responsible for executing all Internet fundraising campaigns, including the charity’s eBay auctions.
- She also handles in-kind gifts, donor research and cultivation, and helps manage event auctions.
- Jody also writes and creates content for the web and other marketing and communications projects.
- Her previous experience includes SEO copywriting and website design. She has a Masters in writing from Emerson College.
Web/Social Media Editor
- David joined the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund in 2010 and is responsible for the charity’s web and social media content as well as developing on-going outreach avenues and awareness campaigns.
- He also creates the monthly newsletter and marketing and fundraising videos.
- Prior to working at the charity, David served as communications manager for the Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce and IDSA.
- He is a seasoned journalist with more than 10 years of experience in multimedia.